As you may be aware , New Delhi is the suggested hosting city for F1 in India, some points go in its favour and some go against it. So we discuss the reasons which make Delhi the perfect choice and also a bad choice for a F1 race :
1. The Delhi government is the richest state Government in India, and the Central government also grants for Delhi’s development, so funds should not be a problem.
2. Delhi is one of the most well connected cities of India.
3. Its scheduled to hold the 2010 Commonwealth Games !, the development being undertaken can be easily seen on the roads, the infrastructure for the 2010 games can act as a facilitator for the formula one race too.
4. A huge fan following of formula one among one and all. So many people are hooked onto formula one.
5. The cultural aspect, New Delhi has a rich heritage which will help it attract more people during the formula one weekend.
As you may be aware , New Delhi is the suggested hosting city for F1 in India, some points go in its favour and some go against it. So we discuss the reasons which make Delhi the not so perfect choice for a F1 race :
1. Lack of Hotel rooms, this is the single biggest hindrance, New Delhi has a shortage of five star and seven star accommodation, this will make the F1 teams really cranky
2. Where is the space? ,people ask where will the track be constructed ? , a valid question, the town planners should answer this. Apparently the place is in Greater Noida.
3. Lack of co-ordination, some people accused Suresh Kalmadi of walking alone which procuring a F1 race deal, also India has many racing organisations which love to feud.
4. Airport – The new airport will be ready by 2010 only, and Indian contractors usually delay by 1-2 years atleast.